Today, SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium is celebrating its 14th Birthday! To kick off the birthday festivities, penguin keepers treated their feathered brood to a party on the ice including bubble blowing, sprinklers, and a special cake filled with delicious fishy treats.
The colourful three-tiered cake, topped with pilchards, whitebait and squid proved to be a massive hit with both the King and Gentoo penguins, with many of the cheeky birds crowding around to quickly gobble down their delicious birthday surprise.
Celebrations continued well into the morning as keepers kept a steady stream of bubbles floating through the air, while the penguin population waddled around popping the bubbles with their beaks.
Pinjarra, Melbourne’s MEGA CROC also joined in on the festivities, snapping up a delicious whole chicken with his magnificent jaws.
Beat the heat these school holidays!
Despite the scorching summer heat wave Melburnians are currently facing, SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium has plenty of school holiday action to keep the little ones entertained.
- Explore Pinjarra’s habitat in the walk-through croc cave, get up close and personal in the heads-up bubble & spy on him from the look-out boat
- Get crafty with Croc kids’ activities and colouring-in
- Enjoy daily animal feeds and special presentations
- Discover the interactive quiz trail for kids and soak up loads of fishy facts!
- Get your hands wet in our Rockpools, touch beautiful sea stars & shark eggs
- Experience touch and feel reptilian encounters and learn all about these fascinating prehistoric creatures